Monday, January 11, 2010

Four Weeks

Can't believe that, on Saturday, it will be four weeks since we were at Dale's wedding in UT. COLD day but warm feelings and memories. Abbie took the pictures and I've only seen a select few. Can't wait to see them all. If there was ever a picture that would describe joy, it would be the following pictures of these two. They had smiles like I've never seen before. Such JOY

This is a look like "we're married" So cute!!

These boots were one of the smartest investments. It was so cold.


Did I mention it was COLD? It took alot of courage for Leisa to take her cape off but when you're in love, you'll do anything.


After the wedding events, Bill and I got to bring Ella home with us on the plane. Abbie and Scott drove a car up from UT and stopped in Boise for the night, along the way. My dad (great grandpa Hamblin) sent me this doll bed for Ella. I had dolls, blankets and pillows waiting - - - ready for Ella to play. She took immediate interest in the whole thing and it was fun to see her play. My dad couldn't wait to see pictures of Ella playing with the cradle. It will stay at "grandma's" so Ella will have something to do while she's visiting. So cute.



8 comments:

Aunt Beth said...

Could we have another dozen of Ella playing house please?? And how cute is that outfit she's wearing!

The first pic of Dale & Leisa is my fave so far of the ones I've seen. Abbie really did do a good job I think. She's got a good touch.

Jeanna said...

Has it really been 4 weeks? Wow, time certainly flies!

Ella is such a cutie, can I put an order in? I'd like my first grandchild to be just as charming as Ella!

Elaine said...

Wow!! Just gorgeous! I especially love the boot photo... great memory! And the white cloak she wore is beautiful! How fun with the baby bed. You sound like an awesome Grandma. Thanks for posting pics of your adorable family!

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Congratulations on the wedding! Where were they married? What day? Sorry it was so cold - it was very cold here for awhile, but has been nice for a couple of weeks (no snow, at least, and not too cold). Let me know next time you come to Utah - I would love to see you!

Taryn said...

oh that ella is sooo sweet looking! I love that baby bassinet/crib/bed thing! I love the vintage charm it has!

those wedding pics.. soo soo cute! I love the one of her smiling! makes me want to go back to my wedding day! love the boots, loved the cape, I had one too. except we had record highs that year in october :) who would have thought :) the first pic is definitely my favorite! the look so so happy..beaming happy! Just how you should look after being married in the temple of the lord!

all your kids are married! did it make you feel old? :)

Abbie said...

I love hearing from you Mom. Thanks for the update and for the shout-out too. :)

The Clayton Clan said...

Congrats on so many fun things! Ella is such a cutie! And I also love the first picture of the wedding....they both look so happy!

Amanda said...

It looks like the wedding was BEAUTIFUL..but cold!! I loved the pics and LOVE that little Ella..what a CUTIE!