Sunday, July 13, 2008

FIRE IN THE SKY

About mid-afternoon, Dale and I saw smoke in the distance to the west. About 2 hours later it had taken over the sky. The edges of the smoke were orange and the sun peeking through the smoke was a bright orange. (it looks pink in the picture) As the sun shone through the windows, it was orange on the floor. It looked really strange. I'll be curious to find out where the fire was. We were thinking it might be somewhere near Toppenish. Enjoy the pictures.




UPDATE: Since I posted this, I checked on line and found out the fire was on Mt Adams covering 500 acres caused by lightning. The smoke was 300 feet in the air. Interesting. I sent my pictures to the local tv new stations.

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

It is amazing what Mother Nature can do. So destructive and yet so oddly beautiful. I know fires are a good thing, but they are scary!

I enjoyed the last post too, about Dale getting all set up for law school.

By the way, we are planning on attending the luncheon for Lois and Dale on Aug 2, all four of us. Who do we send our $$ to?

Aunt Beth said...

I saw pics of the Mt. Adams fire this morning on one of the morning shows. I didn't even think about what impact it might have on my relatives.

Do you remember that it was just this past weekend a year ago that some of us went down to the staging area there in Prosser to see all the fire trucks, etc.

Aunt Beth