Monday, January 7, 2008

A New Year

Bill gave me a digital picture frame for Christmas and it ate my camera memory chip. Emalei helped me download some pictures on it from my computer and Thursday I was experimenting with it to get some pictures of Dane and Bridget's wedding from my memory chip. The whole chip fell into the frame. I will take it back to Costco and let them take it apart to retrieve my chip but in the mean time I can't take any pictures. I'm going to rely on Abbie to post some pictures of our Open House for Dane and Bridget. I couldn't have been more pleased. It turned out so nice. I could tell everyone was enjoying themselves. We got so many complements on what a nice girl Bridget was and also her parents. I was standing next to Bridget in the line and when I introduced Bridget, she would respond back by calling them by name. I was very impressed with her presence.

While on their honeymoon with Carnival Cruise, they bought a book on how to fold towels into the shape of animals. The first day they were here, they folded a towel into an elephant and the day they left, they had a "towel monkey" hanging from the shower curtain rod. It is so cute. I'm going to wait until I get my memory chip back and take some pictures and post them. I can tell they will have alot of fun with that book. It will be a life long memory of their honeymoon that they can implement into a family tradition.

Now........last but not least. Everyone is starting a new semester in school. Abbie has one class left and is a TA, Scott and Dale will be waiting to hear from law schools to see where their options will be for this fall while they're finishing up their last classes. Dane and Bridget are starting a new semester also and a new life together. Lots of work ahead for them in getting their gifts unpacked and put away, thank you notes, homework, work etc, etc, etc. Busy times for everyone. Emalei will be officially starting her time as Title One instructor. That will be interesting to hear about. AND we don't want to forget Jeanna and her last semester before she graduates. Go Jeanna. So, to all of you Good Luck and know that we are praying daily for you and your success and happiness.

4 comments:

Aunt Beth said...

Of course, can't wait for the pics. Em said everything went well and looked so nice, thanks in part to Jeanie's lovely touch with decorations. So glad there will be pictures posted soon.

The more I think about having it in a restaurant, the smarter I think you were. What a great idea. Did you find it less stressful? I'm thinking I would but we're all different.

Practically spring here today - already near 60 degrees! Had to turn the heat off because I was too warm!

Aunt Beth

Abbie said...

Dang. Lots of pressure on me to get some pictures up online. I will try to do that soon before things really start getting hectic.

Brittany said...

yep! good luck to all!

PS - Emalei, i'm sorry i didn't call you while we were in seattle. we cut our trip short by a few days and i knew you weren't home yet. i should've called you to tell you all this. however, we're in seattle frequently, so we'll have to get together then. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the vote of support Janet. I love the pics of the towel animals. I am hoping they put their talent to use at my house the next time they come. They are so cute (the towels and Dane/Bridget).