So this is a post that has been waiting to be written for at least the last month. Around Easter time I decided I wanted to write a post about the last year of my life. The only problem about writing it then was that 5 law school finals stood in my way. Now that I am done, I can attempt to make this post readable.
I just finished my first year of law school and thinking back on the last 9 months reminds me of the constant worry, the frequent mind battles and the attempt to push my brain to places it has never been before. It has been quite the ride. And before you send your congratulations (if you were planning on doing so) I have always said that anyone can go to law school; the question is whether or not they can pass. Grades don't come out until the first part of June.
I am now sitting in Lexington, VA visiting Scott, Abbie, and Ella (cuter than ever). It is raining the hardest I have ever seen in my life (I'm not even kidding. It is a downpour) and the lightening is so constant it reminds me of a strobe light at a dance club. The last few days have been spent attempting to get my life back on track. And by that, I mean pleasure read, watch old episodes of Seinfield on-line with Scott, peruse a museum of some of the best art in the world, watch airplanes land at Reagan National and be around family.
The next three months of my life are crucial because these three years of my life are even more crucial. Confused? Let me explain: I have to get everything I couldn't get done during the last nine months done in the next three months so that I feel ready to go back to school in August. And once I do that, it is all about law school. Hopefully that explanation helped.
So far, things have started off great. A trip back east to visit my sister and her familiy, as well as my favorite aunt, are set to prime me for a great summer. I am not about to worry about what I am going to do for the next three months. And that will be just great!
5 comments:
Things you couldn't get done like reading, exercising, dating etc? You didn't explain. I'm glad you've been entertained so far. You need the rest and only you know your brain needs it. Give sweet little Ella a big hug and kiss from me. Keep having a good time.
Yay! We've been keeping you busy thus far haven't we!? We're so glad you're back visiting us. Hopefully you can convince others to come out here. :) Hang onto your hat... we're in for more fun!
Congrats on finishing your first year strong! As far as everything that I have heard, the next two years of law school are supposed to be better than the first. I am so happy for you. P.s. I am WAY excited for you to go see Coldplay in July!!! Wow, that is going to be amazing!
Congrats on one year down. I can imagine its been tough. I hope you get to do everything that you want in the next 3 months. Does Utah get a visit?
As the fhe fave aunt referred to in Dale's post, let me assure you that Dale got plenty of sleep while he was here. Plenty.
I mentioned to a few people via email a couple of weeks ago that Ella's move to the east coast was the best thing that's happened to me in the past year! Abbie and Ella have been here twice, with Scott accompanying them the 2nd time; I've been to VA once; William & Janet spent Ella's first birthday with her in VA and mine with me in Syracuse a few days later; and now Dale has killed two birds with one stone by visiting the Rufeners followed by a jaunt to Syracuse. It was much enjoyed.
Aunt Beth
Post a Comment