Kara: I've never been to your house before.
McKell: You're going to love it - - it's huge and they have a really nice big kitchen. (actually I think our kitchen is small)
Kara: Can McKell show me through the house?
Me: Sure she knows her way around.
McKell: Well, sometimes Bro. Smith is taking a nap so we might not be able to go in their bedroom. If he isn't, he likes us to come in and talk to him.
Kara as we drove into the driveway: I just knew it would look like this.
McKell as we walked through the garage into the house: Look at the cool things they have under their tires so they don't drive too far ahead.
Kara: Ohhhh this is a nice laundry room - -I love the window.
McKell: Let me show you around. (and so she did)
Kara: Wow that is a big piano
McKell: Wait until you see what it does. Can we play Beauty and the Beast, Sis Smith. (and so we did)

The piano has a disklavier on it that makes the piano play by itself. Kara couldn't believe she was seeing this. McKell told her to put her hands on the keys and feel how neat it is to have the keys play by themselves. They were so cute looking into the piano and seeing the cords and keys and pedal all play.

They had some reading they had to do,for homework, so they headed downstairs where McKell continued her tour. They checked out everything on the walls - -Kara couldn't get over the bean bag chairs in the media room.
Kara: Wow I've never seen a bean bag so big. McKell, you need some like this in your house.
McKell: I know - - we could take naps in them and sit five friends together in them.
They stayed there for about 10 minutes and I could hear them, from upstairs, just laughing and talking.
The shop was part of the tour and Kara was impressed.
Kara: Wow this is nice, it's alot cleaner than my grandpa's. (I didn't tell her it's probably because your grandpa uses his and our isn't used.)
I had them come upstairs before they had to leave. They both said they'd like some toast with cheese on it and peaches. While they were waiting for the toast, McKell showed her different things in the kitchen.
McKell: Look at all her spoons, they've been all around the world.
Kara: Can I see some of them? Where is Aruba?(she was looking at a spoon she'd pulled out of the display case)
McKell: I don't know but some of the spoons won't fit in the space so she just has them laying on the side. (This girls remembers everything from past visits)
Kara: Do you think Bro. Smith is going to come out and talk to us like McKell said or is he sleeping. (I went and got Bill - - he was reading the paper)
Bill fussed over them - - fixed McKell a pear because she didn't like peaches and made them laugh.
It was 1 1/2 hours of delight. Such cute girls and cute personalities to match.
6 comments:
Ok, now that is just adorable. Seriously... to be so impressed... although, I really like our home. :)
ok that just made me smile all the way through. I have pretty cute nieces!
McKell is a girl after my own heart when it comes to remembering such details.
Your house has always had such cool features. I remember that it was the first house that I saw that had: a corner cupboard with the rolldown door (where you stored larger appliances like your blender), a stove-top grill (that you could switch out for burners), and shelves under your counter (where we ate lunch). Not to mention, your baby grand piano is still the only piano that I have ever seen -- outside of a high-end department store -- that has the auto-play function.
And yeah, those bean-bag chairs in your media room are fan-tabulous!
Those girls are both so adorable and you're so sweet for helping out!
Thank you Janet for helping me. You are such a dear friend. McKell just loves you and Bill. Thanks for Journaling this for me too :o)
How fun - I miss having young girls around - I had three in a row for so long and now they have all moved out - Even my last one is a Senior and is so busy, she rarely has friends over. I am also "jealous" of your baby grand - I would love to have one of those!
Post a Comment