Thursday, September 18, 2008

REPEAT POST FROM 2007

I posted this last year and Dale and Abbie have resurrected the idea this year. Have a good one mate. SLAPD is Friday the 19th

Wednesday, September 19, 2007
ARGHHHHH !!!!!!!`
I heard on the Today Show that September 19 (that would be today) is Speak Like a Pirate Day.
Just thought it would fun to play with the idea

Ahoy,all you scallywags, I think tis a fine way t'be speakin'
If ya be struggln' known' how to be speakn' make it simple and just add "arrr" before every sentence.

Arrr, Just a little fun from this end of the country known' that you be fans of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Ahoy Mateys
Arrr Have yourself a good day

love Mom

3 comments:

Melissa DeLeon said...

Hahahahaha!!!! That is fan-tastic, and you are tooooooo much! (Seriously, my face actually aches from grining... but I'm still going to re-ready your post over and over.)

I appreciate the heads-up. I am totally going to spread the word about this under-represented holiday.

- Melissa

Dale said...

Classic post mom. You know that I have got my game face ready for tomorrow. I'm planning on it being a day to remember!

Arrrrghhhh!!!! Best be getttin' home to get me some grub before I wither meself down to chap's food. Arrrghhhhh!!! I don't be reckonin' me wants that, now.

Shiver me gangsters

Melissa DeLeon said...

For even more fun, go to http://www.syddware.com/cgi-bin/pirate.pl
You can type your own message for translation, or you can type a URL to see entire newpaper articles translated. (See same msg translated below.)


For e'en more fun, go t' http://www.syddware.com/cgi-bin/shipmate.pl
Ye can type yer own message fer translation, or ye can type a URL t' be seein' entire newpaper articles translated.