I was thinking that I wanted to share something with everyone and when I got here, I saw that Mom had just made a post. I don't want to steal her thunder, so I will keep it short.
1) The story of a guy who is in charge of the shoes actors wear in movies.
2) Piano Jazz
3) The story of the guy who is in charge of props in movies.
4) The struggles that opera houses are facing with the economic crisis.
5) LeBron James and how he might just be the most complete physical speciman of all time.
6) A spotlight on my new favorite rapper K'Naan (born in Somalia and moved in 1992 to Toronto where he learned English by listening to 2Pac and other rappers). By the way, I hate rap, but this guy is more real life. I consider him a true poet. I recommend everyone at least check out his song called "Dreamer". Its a catchy beat.
7) And just today I listened to the story of a guy who repairs typewriters in Silicon Valley. Now that is ironic.
Anyways, thought I would put a plug in for NPR. Its good entertainment while driving. Call me old fashioned.
Okay, I'm done, now everyone go read Mom's post and comment on it.
4 comments:
I was getting tired of the same post up so I drummed up something. I would have waited a few days but we were working on our posts at the same time. Anyway, I can't wait to check out LeBron James. he-he-he I don't think you're old fashioned at all. I think you are interesting and that is going to be one of the things your wife to be will love about you. Oh by the way...your commute to school is so short, I hope you aren't late for class just waiting to hear the end of a story.
what a coincidence! i was going to share my love for NPR (more specifically OPB which broadcasts NPR shows) this week on my blog. i LOVE it! i listen to it 10-hours each day at work and really start to go through withdraws on the weekends. in fact this weekend i was missing it so much i tuned in to michael feldmans "wha'da you know". i laughed hysterically! i'm glad i'm not the only one under the age of 35 that enjoys talk radio. i was beginning to think i was getting old. :)
Oh you two (dale and b)!! You're both so funny. Let's make a little club of the three of us. I LOVE NPR too! Sometimes when I get back from taking Scott to school I will sit in the car waiting for a story to finish. Seriously, they have the most interesting stories I have ever heard. And I love the classical music station in the afternoons. When we starting earning money again I am seriously donating to NPR each year.
I love NPR. I always used to listen to it in the mornings when I had about a 25 min drive to student teaching. It was to early to listen to music, and I had to listen to something because it was 6:40~ish and I didn't want to fall asleep. I loved it, and often find myself on that channel to catch up. i miss my npr...
Post a Comment