Five years ago Jeanie, Evelyn and Iwent to breakfast at SunnySpot and then went to Melange to their holiday open house. We each bought this
bracelet there and agreed that the first Sunday of each December we would each wear the bracelet to church and wear it each Sunday until Christmas. It has been fun to do this. I think each of you will recognize this bracelet. Well, that started a tradition that we have kept each year since. Today was the day that we met and decided to invite Debbie Cleghorn this year. I met the girls at 9am for breakfast
It was good to talk over good times, update on everyones family and just have some good laughs. Sometimes I wondered what some of the other patrons thought of us giggley ladies but I didn't care. My breakfast consisted of Belgiam waffle and orange juice.
After breakfast we all drove to Melange. Some of you might not recognize it but they have moved. It was an old house across the street from WalMart that has been refurbished. It is very quaint and it was decorated for Christmas from top to bottom and then some. What a way to get into the Christmas spirit. I had to hold myself back from buying an advent box. The more I looked at it and realized that it would only be me and your Dad at home before Christmas and then looked at the price tag, I decided against it. "for now that is" So, that has been my day and the fun of traditions. We each look forward to it to begin our holiday season.
3 comments:
How fun! Girlfriends are the best!
What a fun tradition AND what a good looking group of women! I didn't visit the new Melange location during the trips I made this year; past experience has proved to be financially poor decisions. Not only in terms of money spent but rearranging belongings to fit in the luggage that got me there in the first place. I've had more than one experience of having to repack luggage at the ticket counter. Not fun.
At the same time, those two shops near your Prosser residence did a good job setting me back this year...
Aunt Beth
Janet,
In regards to my top 4, I seriously considered booting a couple of the others and putting your name, because I know you read the blog, I just wasn't sure you would copy and past the same idea into your blog and answer all the questions, just because the whole idea is a little silly. SO, hope you weren't too offended by my leaving you off the list. ;)
As for that cute boutique near your home, I could spend hours in those things, hours! I love them.
But, I have been a bit scrooge-like lately because a local radio station starts christmas music before Halloween. Being that my birthday is on Halloween, I insist we get through my birthday before we start in on Christmas. Christmas music in October makes me edgy.
Post a Comment