Monday, October 22, 2007

ANNOUNCEMENT


This post is for Emalei's sake. Although she knows the news, she hasn't met Bridget yet. So..........to the rest of you who view our blog.........Dane got engaged this weekend to Bridget Layton. They are getting married December 28. That's 2007 for those of you who might have thought I meant 2008. All joking aside, we are happy for them and think they will be good for each other. Bridget is a sweet girl and will be good for Dane and treat him well as will Dane be good for Bridget. You all know what a sweetie he is and gentleman too. He has been taught well. So, that's our news. I've told him to call Grandma and Grandpa Hamblin to tell them the news himself so keep it to yourself if you happen to talk to them until you know that they know. All love and congratulations to both of them.

10 comments:

Collette said...

Congratulations Dane! I saw it on your facebook yesterday and I had to ask Abbie. I've been waiting for this post:) Welcome to the December anniversary club...better known as giving your mother a heart attack club. At least its your son...right Aunt Janet?! We're excited for you and can't wait to meet Bridget.

Jeanna said...

Dane and Bridget,

We are so happy for you both. After we met Bridget last week we knew that if Dane didn't snag her that he would regret it, mostly because we wouldn't let him back in the house without her. :)

So glad you are getting married here, we can't wait.

As for getting married in Dec, we got married on Jan 7 about 8 days after my brother got married. So we double heart attacked my mother. So, Janet, it could be worse!

All our love and heart-felt congratulations!

Abbie said...

Yay for you! Of course, I was there and you all know how much I just LOVE Bridget. :) I think I would have been the most upset had you not grabbed her.

Kathy said...

Congratulations Dane and Bridget!
Have you told Grandpa and Grandma yet?? They didn't mention anything about it on Sunday....
Can't wait to meet Bridget.

Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

that's great news! happy engagement dane and bridget! i'm excited for you both! (even though i haven't met bridget, after reading everyone else's comments, i can tell she is an eight cow woman) happy day!

Dane said...

Hey Everyone! thanks for all of your thanks! Bridget and I are really excited, but trying to take one day at a time...we're busy, but keeping our heads above water. And just in case you were wondering, I did talk to Grandma and Grandpa.

Bridget said...

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to say a big thank you! I have felt nothing but love from your wonderful family and am so excited to be able to get to know you all better! You are right about Dane, he has been taught well! I am so lucky to be with such a sweet, wonderful man!

Anonymous said...

Yay for you guys!! Congrats to you both and I can't wait to meet Bridget!!!

Aunt Beth said...

Dane and Bridget,

Well, well, well... Glad Janet clarified the marriage date as 2007! Boy Dane, you didn't let any grass grow under your feet. I wonder if some of the missionaries you left behind in your mission are thinking "Boy, if Dane can do it, maybe I can too."

Bridget, if Dane hasn't mentioned his Aunt Beth yet, let me briefly introduce myself: Your future father-in-law was once 8th assistant to my 3rd vice-president. (That's an inside joke.) Actually, I'm the aunt who got to take care of those great kids when their parents traveled for work and pleasure. As a result, I grew to love them very much and have been blessed in return with theirs.

I can't wait to learn more about you Bridget. Have fun preparing for December 27, 2007!! This is a great time in your lives.

Aunt Beth

Cherlyn said...

Congratulations to Dane and Bridget. I'm extended family, like Aunt Beth, so let me introduce myself (Abbie always reminds me of how we're related, so I'd better get this right - inside joke!) I am Dane's cousin; although I haven't been around Dane much, more Abbie and Emalei, William and Janet. I'm sure happy for the two of you. Again, Congratulations!
Cherlyn