Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Northwest Weekend

Melissa came to visit me from Los Angeles last weekend. We had a fabulous time and these are some of the highlights. She says after visiting, she is tempted to move here. I know how to do the promotional tour! :) Anyone who wants Emalei's promotional tour of Seattle is welcome to come visit any time!


A view from the ferry of Seattle's skyline.

Gig Harbor is a quaint little village across the Sound from Seattle. It was a typically beautifully, misty Northwest day.

A view of Seattle's skyline from Gaswork's Park on Lake Union.

Eating a yummy piroshky at Pike's Place Market. A lovely day!

6 comments:

mom/Janet said...

Yes, Seattle is beautiful. It is a bit colder than LA, though. It would be nice to have Melissa in Seattle with you. Glad you had a good time. I enjoyed the pictures.

Jeanna said...

When we visited Seattle this summer I was soooo looking forward to Pike's Place Market. I had seen that dumb fish video that all workplaces seem require to show to their employees and wanted to check out the joint. But then, as we stood there for about 30 seconds I started having the strangest cough attack ever. There was this odd tickle, but more intense. I could NOT stop coughing. Harold asked if I was having a heart attack which completely freaked out the kids. We had to leave there and the coughing went on for about 15 minutes intensely, then another 30 or so just to get rid of the tickle. I still wonder what that was about, was I allergic to the one place in Seattle I wanted to visit? Your pics bring back great memories though, we had a beautiful sunny day when we were there and it was picture perfect. So glad to stay in touch since we haven't seen you in FOREVER!

Dane said...

I love your little beanie/hat, Emalei! I have the cutest sisters!
p.s.I;ll do the promotional tour next time I am up there!

Dale said...

Dude, pics are looking way good!! You look cuter than ever. Love the beanie and you have that debanoir look about you. Nice job!!

Abbie said...

Cute pics. Scott and I were hoping to take the promotional tour in December. Though a bit on the chilly side, I think we could wing it. :)

Anonymous said...

You are too cute Em...and not seeing you for a long time makes it even better. Hope you're having fun and loving being back in Wash.