Even though I finished this project two weeks ago, I have waited to post the pictures so I didn't upstage Bill and Dale's birthday and any mission reunion postings that might be coming. As you can see, the tile backsplash turned out really well. It was a very easy task and I'm happy with the results. It was mild improvement that made a big difference. (Harold and Jeanna - - if you want to borrow my tools, you're more than welcome. Trust me, it will only be a total of maybe 5 hours in two days time. Go for it.)
The rug getting wet after puddling from the rain.
Now for the big upgrade. As you all know - - well maybe not Dane because he has been on his mission - - the deck outside our bedroom had some major defaults. The roof did not hang over the whole deck, thus leaving some of it exposed when it would rain or snow. The deck should have been sloped slightly but was done the wrong direction and so each time there was moisture of some kind, it ran towards our bedroom door and at times flooded under the thresh hold and got the carpet wet. Dale can attest to what a mess we had one time while he was home. Our solution finally turned out to be - - a sunroom. Half way through the project, it rained and it reminded us what a good idea it was to have the enclosure. We love it and tonight could be the test of how nice it will be to have the deck enclosed. The windows open so we can still get a breeze going through.



9 comments:
Yay Mom. The hot tub part looks great! I don't know if I can use it at Christmas, or if I'll have a suit that fits for that matter. Hmm.... Well, at least my feet I guess. Nice job posting! You're getting the hang of it!
It looks so good! Better than expected! Can't wait to test it out. :)
Beautiful! Don't you just love doing home improvements? For some reason there is such satisfaction in it. Great job, the house looks wonderful. I really need to start putting the pressure on Harold for the backsplash, it would be so pretty!
Mom, looks great. Steve is sitting next to me and he said now it's time to upgrade the car. :) I agree. :)
It looks so nice...I need to come see you guys I still haven't been to your new house...I always forget and think you're still in the other house until I come to the blog and see all the pictures...Looks really great!!
Dale and Steve,
We did upgrade the car. We got a new starter for it and several weeks ago got the gas leak fixed. Now it runs like a charm and is very dependable. Glad I could bring that to your recollection. :) Hope you read this Dale. ha- ha
love you
Mom-cat
That sunroom is beautiful as is your yard and the whole house. Can't wait to see it in person.
The back splash looks great too - who would have thought Janet!! Maybe there's a bit of a potter in your deepest soul...
Janet, the invitation is ALWAYS open for you to come and work your magic on my home. Any day, any week, any month...
Aunt Beth
I think the challenge would be fun. Could we paint?
Post a Comment