Thursday, September 13, 2007

Customized Wall Mural


As you know, one of our favorite things to do is go to the tour of homes each fall and look at all the new homes and ideas. I always walk away with something new I can do to our home. This year is no different even though we're just approaching our two year mark in this house. So, the big idea this year is a mural in the media room. You should have seen some of the media rooms and our conclusion was that nothing was better than ours. There was one, however, that had a large mural on one wall and your Dad and I both liked the idea. A search on the internet brought up several options and then I saw where you could get one customized from your own photo. So, here are my choices :) Submit your vote or forever hold your peace. I figure, what better way to display a family picture than on a 9' x 15' wall.

First choice: Scott and Dane sitting down after hearing the terrible news of the November 2006 flash flood that wiped out our favorite camp site at Ohanapacosh. Oh the memories - - those were the days.

Second choice is - -Dale doing some "forest surfing" Hang Ten Dale.





Third choice is....everyone - - a bit shakey- -on the log along Silver Falls Trail










FYI, I'm not really sure we'll do a customized mural but I thought I'd get your attention for a few minutes.
AND NOW .......I'm not sure I'll make a post very often. This has taken waaaaaaay too much time and don't even ask me how the text above got underlined. I need some tutoring. I hope you all appreciate any effort I make to stay technologically savy.

6 comments:

Abbie said...

And what if we don't don't like either one? is that 9feet by 15 feet?

mom/Janet said...

Yes, Abbie, That is 9 feet by 15 feet. :) Don't you just love it?

Aunt Beth said...

WELL, I have quite a bit to say about the last two posts....

First of all Janet, how's the billing coming along these day???

Secondly, I was CRUSHED that none of the selections included ME!! As I mentioned previously to Em, now that Dane's home from his mission, I was dropped like a hot potato as an adopted member of the William/Janet Smith family member.

Third and last, Dale, if I were you, I'd pay to have that surfing pic deep-sixed asap. I don't know if there's a way to permanently remove it from the international web, but possibly Janet could do some online research and check it out for you.

OK, now it's time for moi to get back to work.

Aunt Beth

(PS: If it would make a difference, I'll take a pic of myself with my cell phone and upload it for consideration...)

(PSS: I think my text is going to be underlined as well.)

Jeanna said...

Janet,

I just found out about your blog tonight at dinner. We had a fabulous time, the food was great and you can't beat the company. Yummy! I would love to come to the Pacific NW sometime, but I don't have a clue when that would be. Maybe for a wedding?

Dane said...

Madre,
Hmmm...I would have o say that out of the 3 i would go with the third...but I really don't like any of them...I am sure you could find a better pic.
Love,
Dane

mom/Janet said...

In case you all didn't catch it - - I was just joking about the customized mural. As much as I love you, I'm not sure I want to glue a 9' x 15' mural on the wall of you all. :) Relax, it's not going to happen.