An update on your dad: much better day.........much, much better. Thank you all for your prayers but I think I need to let you in a little more information. We got prescriptions from the sugeon and got them all filled before coming home after the surgery. One of the medicines was Ibuprofen. Your dad said oh we don't need that because we have some at home. I questioned that but figured he knew what he was talking about. When we arrived home, there was no Ibuprofen. I volunteered to go to the store and get some and he assured me he would be okay because it's just an anti-inflammatory. Well, yesterday at 1pm when he was so out-of-it in pain, I said "maybe I should go get the Ibuprofen" So, I did. He was to take 600mg (Dr's orders) every 4 hours. That seemed like alot to me and I wondered if in deed it was important to the pain relief. By 10pm he was feeling remarkably better and so the moral to the story is - - DON'T UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES He is still taking his medication like clock work but feeling soooooooooooo much better. I'll take pictures tomorrow or Tuesday when I get to take the dressing off and see the wound.
Until then......................
5 comments:
Yay for Ibuprofen. I was skeptical too, after my c-section and that was what they gave me. Something about it works. I of course had loritab for a bit too.
We're glad you're feeling better. Janet, sounds like you're a pretty darn good nurse.
Ibuprofen is my best friend once a month. I'm sure you all really wanted to know that. I used to think dad knew all when it came to medicine and medical advice. Guess no matter what, we all still have things to learn!!! :) Love you dad! And mom...keep up the good instincts!
I love ibuprofen. I got 800 mg after my surgery and I still have some, so when things get rough for whatever reason I am glad I still have it around. It is the best non-narcotic pain killer around. The pain goes and no hallucinations! Bonus!
Truer words were never spoken than these: Better living through chemicals!
Boy, I'm running right out to get some of the magical ibuprofen!
Thanks for sharing Em....
I'm off to pack - more fun. Actually, what I need is more boxes!
Aunt Beth
I hope Bill is feeling better. He is in our prayers. I can't tell you how much I love your family. I always have such a good time hanging out with any of the bunch.
Hope all is well!
Harold
Post a Comment