Monday, September 10, 2007
Heartbeat
Scott and I got to hear Baby's heartbeat today. It was going strong and sounded like wooshing through water. Like an ultrasound monitor, the nurse practitioner brought out a small hand held machine with lots of jelly on the end and rubbed along my abdomen and then, the sound. The little machine picks up the echo of the heartbeat so at times it was louder and sometimes more quiet... depending on how Baby moved. Baby was moving alright because the heartbeat kept changing sound. Great. A little active one. Can't wait! Hearing the heartbeat at this stage means that the chances of miscarriage become very low because a healthy heartbeat at 12 weeks means the baby is right on track. The heartbeat was about 160-170 beats per minute... something I've probably only achieved running the 400 meters in high school. That's about it, but just wanted to let you all know. It was a very exciting sound and I wish you all could have heard it. Soon enough though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh------baby Rufener's heartbeat. How sweet.
love all three of you
mom
You have to remember that you have a personal post also and that you see your 2 brothers regularly so you get first hand response from them. Don't forget that Dale asked you that night at dinner and you were taken back and impressed. Just be glad we're all on now except for your Dad. I'm trying to convert him but his idea is that it's easier to pick up the phone. I'll keep trying.
Uh, last time I checked, Dad didn't pick up the phone and call us.
Post a Comment