Wednesday, September 26, 2007

PHASE ONE

As you know, your Dad and my favorite thing to do is go to the tour of homes each fall. I always come away with a few ideas - - and even though we've only been in our house two years, I still found a few things I could do. One of the ideas was something I was really excited to see. I was trying to save us some money and decided we didn't need a backsplash in the utility room. I regreted it since the carpenter finished it and left 2 years ago. Well.......in several homes, they have WilsonArt lamenant along with tile backsplash. I thought, I can do that and so I found some tiles I liked (mind you the plain ones were 30cents a piece at Lowes) Anyway, I read up on how to do it (very easy) and got the supplies I needed and got to it this afternoon. You'll see that I need to cut two tiles to fill in the ends. Lowe's will do it for you, if you bought the tile from them, and so I will be having that done tomorrow. A trip to TriCities was already in the plans and so I'll get the rest done and then do the grouting tomorrow evening. I'm happy with the results so far. I just love it when I can accomplish something different like this. I would never tackle a floor or shower, however. Aren't you just so proud of your momma????

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Very proud. I just wish I had the room in my place to do anything new. We just keep trying to find spots to hide our stuff in!!

Aunt Beth said...

Great job Mom!!

Aunt Beth

Jeanna said...

Janet,

I am so, so, so jealous. Harold and I have been talking about doing a backsplash for soooo long and we just haven't gotten around to it. I know it would really make the kitchen so much nicer. Yours looks great and I am inspired by the fact that you did it yourself. Harold is really going to be sorry I read your blog today, because now I am going to hound him to start ours!

mom/Janet said...

Jeanna,
It has been way easy. I'm doing the grout next and I don't expect it to be difficult at all. Call me if you need any advice. Lowe's has a great selection of tiles and they'll cut them for you if you need it.